Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Ankle surgery

surfer1158 - Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:48 pm

Hello, i sprained my LEFT ankle about 2 months ago. When it happened i went to the doctor and had a splint on for 1 week. My doctor then told me to not use it and wing off of my crutches, which i did. It feels like my ankle never fully healed. i continue to have popping in my ankle and is very sore. My achilles is also sore, even though it wasnt at the time of the injury. Then to make matters worse i just sprained my RIGHT ankle slighty skateboarding. Do you think in your professional opinion, do i need surgery on my right ankle to get it back in "alignment". Thankyou.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:08 am

User avatar Dear Surfer1158,

Hopefully your doctor is correct and there isn't anything major wrong, if you have the ability to skateboard you sound like you're healing well. It is better for the body to be left alone and allowed to heal itself if there hasn't been a major injury but if you feel that something has been missed you may want to make an appointment with a Sports Injury Specialist and see what their thoughts are.