Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: scars

Shera - Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:53 am

I hav terrible scarring on my legs. They are there now for quite afew year. It does not seem to be getting better and I exprience a great deal of itchiness and redness. I've tried to see perhaps if it is something that I eat that disagrees with me, I still can't tell. Shaving, waxing, using hair removal creams all leave the same effect on my legs. It is particularly my right leg that is affected. I've tried to use creams and oils but nothing seemed to have helped. What can be the cause of this and how can I get rid of these ugly scars?
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:30 pm

User avatar Hi!

How did these scars come about? A scar usually develops over a wound or injury. Did you injure your legs in any way? Are you prone to scar formation in other parts of the body?

bill
 Shera - Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:40 am

HI Bill

I remember it forming when I shave d my legs for the first time, I broke out in a rash and starting scratching it not realising the consequences, ever since it spreads and I break out in rashes. It's more than ten years now and no scars have healed. :(
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jun 27, 2004 11:33 am

User avatar Hi!

Have you consulted a dermatologist regarding your problem?

bill