Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: 2 months after Gallbladder Surgery...lower abdominal pain

dcb0284 - Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:26 am

I am a 23 year old female and I had gallbladder surgery about two months ago where they also took out my appendix. I just started to workout again and I am experiencing lower abdominal pain just on the right side. This is mostly when I raise my hands over my head and am doing pushups or some other strength exercise. I do not think this is serious...maybe just a strain but I just want to be sure.
 Dr. Chan Lowe - Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:45 pm

User avatar Hi Dcb0284,

It may be a muscle strain. It may also be some pain from the incisional scars that are now being stretched a bit. It may also be some "normal" aches and pains from starting a new workout regimen.

If it gets worse or does not get better (even slowly) then it is probably a good idea to have it checked out.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us