Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Problem after Gynecomastia surgery

isaacrt - Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:08 pm

I am a 23 years old guy, I had Gynecomastia problem before( with no hard objects), so i went to a doctor and had a liposuction surgery 2 and a half month ago. One month after the surgery, i found there are hard objects on both side of my nipples, and now it look a little puff because of the hard objects. Is that normal? Is that going to go away later time? or i need to have another surgery to remove it? Thank you very much for your help.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:26 pm

User avatar It sounds like you may have a buildup of scar tissue which is a normal part of the healing process. I would not be too worried but be sure to keep any recommended follow-up appointments your doctor has advised.