Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Irritation healed funny

tennis_guy - Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 pm

I'm sorry for the nature of this quesiton but i has me somewhat concerned. I have a patch of skin on my penis that I thought was just an area of irritation that healed funny. I think it is clearing up. To be honest I feel it might just be that it is trying to heal but is not given a proper chance to due to private activities. I do not do it in excess. Only about once a day. What concerns me though is that it has been a few weeks and it is still not all gone. As I said I think it just healed funny. Is there a cream or something I can apply to help it clear up or a way I can find out if it is not just irritation that healed funny? I have tried neosporin and lubriderm. I think it is getting a little better but it may be my imagination. I would prefer to explore options besides the doctor if I can as it is a little embarrising. Thank you.
 tennis_guy - Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Can anyone help? I would like to find a solution without a doctor but Im getting concerend as time passes.

Can someone at least answer me this. It is most definitely on the skin level. It is not a lump of any kind. Do I still need to be concerned?
 tennis_guy - Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:52 pm

Please?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:10 am

User avatar Dear Tennis_guy,

The skin on the genitalia usually heals with a dark discoloration. There is no need to worry about anything.

i am not sure that anything will help and it does going to take its time to change back to normal color.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 tennis_guy - Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:51 pm

Thank you for your response. It is not just discolored though. There is a patch of rough skin that is raised somewhat. Is this also normal?

Thank you.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:10 am

User avatar Dear Tennis_guy,

Thank you very much for the update.

No, it should not heal with a rough area of skin. But this could just be secondary to continuous friction and irritation. If this does not go away after let's say 6 weeks which is enough time for every thing to heal, i would suggest that you call your doctor about it.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

Yasser Mokhtar, M.D.
 tennis_guy - Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:02 pm

Thank you very much.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us