Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Irritation healed funny

tennis_guy - Mon Aug 30, 2004 11:47 pm

I'm sorry for the nature of this quesiton but i has me somewhat concerned. I have a patch of skin on my penis that I thought was just an area of irritation that healed funny. I think it is clearing up. To be honest I feel it might just be that it is trying to heal but is not given a proper chance to due to private activities. I do not do it in excess. Only about once a day. What concerns me though is that it has been a few weeks and it is still not all gone. As I said I think it just healed funny. Is there a cream or something I can apply to help it clear up or a way I can find out if it is not just irritation that healed funny? I have tried neosporin and lubriderm. I think it is getting a little better but it may be my imagination. I would prefer to explore options besides the doctor if I can as it is a little embarrising. Thank you.
 tennis_guy - Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:12 pm

Can anyone help? I would like to find a solution without a doctor but Im getting concerend as time passes.

Can someone at least answer me this. It is most definitely on the skin level. It is not a lump of any kind. Do I still need to be concerned?
 tennis_guy - Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:52 pm

Please?
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:10 am

User avatar Dear Tennis_guy,

The skin on the genitalia usually heals with a dark discoloration. There is no need to worry about anything.

i am not sure that anything will help and it does going to take its time to change back to normal color.

Thank you very much for using our website https://doctorslounge.com and i hope that this information helped.

tennis_guy - Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:51 pm

Thank you for your response. It is not just discolored though. There is a patch of rough skin that is raised somewhat. Is this also normal?

Thank you.
 Dr. Yasser Mokhtar - Sat Sep 11, 2004 11:10 am

User avatar Dear Tennis_guy,

Thank you very much for the update.

No, it should not heal with a rough area of skin. But this could just be secondary to continuous friction and irritation. If this does not go away after let's say 6 weeks which is enough time for every thing to heal, i would suggest that you call your doctor about it.

tennis_guy - Sun Sep 12, 2004 3:02 pm

Thank you very much.