Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: OLCERS!! HELP PLEASE!!

Punto12403 - Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:05 am

:shock: :roll: I have a mouth olcer or a cranker sore. I went to the docter and he said he thought i had mono, but i do not know.He went ahead and give me medication for it evan if i don't have it, and if it is not gone my monday he will test me for it. Last night I had a 102 fever. I am having ALOT of pain from the cranker sore. Could the mono and the cranker sore be related??? do u think i could I have mono? What is your opinion?
P.S. My glans are VERY swollen. and i fill very bad. Plus im not very hungery and even if i was i could not eat because it hurts to bad! :oops: :cry: :!: :?:
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:55 pm

User avatar Hi!

I know you are dyslexic, and hence would want to confirm if it's the glans or glands that have swollen :wink: .

Canker sore/aphthous ulcers are different from cold sores/fever blisters. Did your doctor explicitly describe your mouth lesions as canker? Fever blisters are caused by the herpes virus group, which includes Herpes simplex, Varicella zoster, Epstein-Barr, and Cytomegalovirus, all of which can produce mouth sores. Epstein-Barr virus is what causes mononucleosis that has associated gland enlargement (lymphadenopathy).

Hope this helps.

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us