Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: unidentified lump

jfstars420 - Wed Dec 01, 2004 9:23 pm

I am a 21 year old female. Within the last 2 days i have developed a strange lump in my crotch area. it is sore and slightly swollen. it is between the thigh and buttocks. it is under the skin and when i touch it, it hurts and i can feel a lump. it is not like this on the other side, i am very confused. I don't think it is related to an std, but i'm not 100% sure about this. i am really wanting to know how urgent it is that i see a doctor, and what on earth it could be. Please write back
 little_miss_mortisha - Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:46 pm

do you shave or wax the hair there? i had a similar thing and it turned out to be a boil from an infected hair folicule. i think the hair had burrowed under the skin causeing the infection. If your worried athough i would go to the docs. Hope that helps. Love nat xxxx