Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Breast Enhancement gone wrong.

 pink - Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:24 am

I got breast implants in 2005 or 2006. After I got home from the surgery and my breasts healed my right breast still was hurting and not healing right. After about five months I started getting red spots on my breast underneath. The red spots got worse. Then the red spots turned into holes. I had to go back in and get the implants removed because of infection. Well when they took the implants out they had to cut out my muscle in my right breast. They had to sew up the big hole I had underneath. After I healed I went back in and got new ones put back in. They never removed the stitches they put in and my skin grew over them. Finally my husband pulled them out. Well now I have a big scar there that is really tender. Well then last year they started leaking so I had to go get new ones put in. Well I was just wondering if there is anyway to regrow the muscle they cut out so that I don't have to wear an implant in my right breast for the rest of my life.
 chriszwife - Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:41 pm

I would like to talk to you. I too am in the middle of a breast implant infection.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:38 am

User avatar Hi,
I do not think that re-growing the cut muscle would be feasible.As the implants failed repeatedly,they may not be a viable option once again.One may go in for one of the flap procedures such as the ' TRAM ' flap and the like.Good luck.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us