Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Should/could I get liposuction if I'm only 19 and not obese?

yay - Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 pm

I'm 19, 5'2'' and 125lbs. My mom had weight problems and had gastric bypass surgery and liposuction a few years ago after years of weight problems. I've always hated my body and tried to lose weight by not eating, at one point getting down to 95lbs. As I get older/busier I'm finding it harder to keep weight off and I know it's only going to get harder as the years go by. Yesterday I realized that as long as I look how I look I am going to be unhappy, but I'm at the point in my life where I have bigger and better things that I want to focus on. At my age/weight, would I possibly be eligible for liposuction or not?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 04, 2009 12:01 am

User avatar Hi,
Certainly i would dissuade you from undergoing liposuction as of now.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us