Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Cut Above Eye - Need Surgery?

abc-ben - Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:23 am

HI, yesterday i suffered a cut between my eye and my eyebrow (just above the

eyelid). It was from the sharp metal corner of my glasses. Right now the cut is still

healing and the skin is very loose due to the impact, thus making it hang over, almost

coming in my line of sight. Is this just because of the swelling, or will the skin remain

saggy and require surgery?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:35 pm

Too early to predict as there must be certain degree of local edema.Best would have been immediate suturing.Delayed primary closure after 4 - 5 days will be the next best option.