Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Dark Circles and Puffy eyes every morning

jesxoxoxo - Tue May 05, 2009 9:08 am

Hi, im 19 years old, i get a lot of sleep but whenever i wake up i have HUGE bags under my eyes and very noticable dark circles. Throughout the day the swelling goes down but the circles are just as noticable. its so embarrasing when i sleep at a friends or my boyfriends.. i don't want anyone to see me in the morning! this doesnt happen to ANY of my friends.. so i was wondering what i can do????? any why does this happen????? PLEASE HELP!
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:28 pm

User avatar Hello,It is not uncommon to get up with puffy eyes in the mornings.Blink you eyes little forcefully 10 times in the morning and night as an exercise to the ocular muscles.Take plenty of fluids and a course of multivitamins.Get an urine albumin just for completion to make sure you are otherwise fine.