Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Had hernia surgery in October 08 no yet healed.

joopes83 - Fri May 08, 2009 7:41 pm

I am a 44 year old male. I had hernia surgery in October of 08 that has not healed properly. Approximately in January I had a suture that was protruding from the area that the doctor removed. It still has not healed. I have to change the bandaged arear 2 times a day. It oozes a clear pinkish fluid. Is this something that I should be overly concerned about it. The Doctor doesnt seem too worried. Thanks.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:35 pm

How is it now? Are you okay? In case you still have some concerns, please feel free to be in touch with us. Good luck!