Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump on the Back of Neck After Tonsillectomy and Adenoidecto

Gabi - Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 am

I had a Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy on Tuesday. About two days ago I was fixing the ice pack I had around my neck when I touched a spot on my neck that hurt to the touch. The spot is close to the base of my neck, on the left side. I had a friend and my mom look at the bump, and they agreed it doesn't seem to be a muscle knot, but they could be wrong. I was just wondering if this is anything to worry about, or if it is a result of something they did during surgery. Thank You.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:48 am

User avatar HI Gabi,
I do not think it has anything to do with the surgery that you had undergone.Hopefully should spontaeneously get okay.