Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump on the Back of Neck After Tonsillectomy and Adenoidecto

Gabi - Sat May 30, 2009 11:59 am

I had a Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy on Tuesday. About two days ago I was fixing the ice pack I had around my neck when I touched a spot on my neck that hurt to the touch. The spot is close to the base of my neck, on the left side. I had a friend and my mom look at the bump, and they agreed it doesn't seem to be a muscle knot, but they could be wrong. I was just wondering if this is anything to worry about, or if it is a result of something they did during surgery. Thank You.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:48 am

User avatar HI Gabi,
I do not think it has anything to do with the surgery that you had undergone.Hopefully should spontaeneously get okay.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us