Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Tissue growth outside vagina from episiotomy

Rene' - Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:43 am

I have a piece of tissue growing where they did my episiotomy and it is getting
larger than I feel comfortable with. I have an appoinment to get it seen and
removed, but wondering in advance how long it will take to remove, inpatient or out, and how long for recovery. How long before I can have relations again? This is
important to me, as my husband is returning soon from a 15 month tour in Afghanistan!
Thank you very much for your time!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:59 pm

User avatar Hi Rene',
It seems that you have developed a skin tag (akin to the skin tags associated with anal fissures). Another possibility is an outgrowth of granulation tissue due to a retained suture.Both can be removed by minor surgery.Should be able to fully recover in a couple of weeks. Good luck!