Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Breast Augmentation/benign fiber nodule

marie83 - Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:40 pm

I have a benign fiber nodule in the lower part of my left breast. Would this need to be removed before breast augmentation surgery or is this something that could be removed during or kept in??
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:48 pm

Some more infomation may be needed ....such as the actual size of the lump, the exact histologic diagnosis,and the 'tumor to breast ratio' - the relative size of the lesion with respect to the breast (only a surgeon will be able to accurately determine this).

Generally, the breast lump would assume precedence over the augmentation surgery.

Opinions may vary, but most would prefer to remove the lump first, wait for the breast to heal and at a later time, plan the augmentation surgery.