Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: breast reduction without surgery?

worriedsnow - Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:28 am

Hello,

i am in my early twenties ,female.my concern is that i have noticed that my breasts have become noticebly disproportionate over the last few (3-4) years...
i read that a slight difference is considered normal,but i think this is too much.

is there any way of making them equal without surgery?any specific exercises?
it is depressing me a lot.

kindly advise .
thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:59 pm

User avatar Hi,

As you feel that the difference in size between your breasts is 'too much', it indicates that you seem to have a cosmetically significant inequality.

Firstly, consult your doctor to exclude any pathology in either of your breasts.If none is found, then if you have a size difference that can't be concealed easily and is bothering you,then, it may be wiser to consult a cosmetic surgeon.

Exercises cannot increase the size or shape of the breasts per-se, but they can only increase the bulk of the pectoral muscle mass underlying the breasts.It may be somewhat useful & easier in 'bilateral' breast enhancement but, performing 'unilateral' pectoral exercises is not going to be easy!

There is no reliable, noticeable, & verifiable non-surgical method (that i know of) of achieving permanent (or atleast, long term) correction.
Best wishes!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us