Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: breast reduction without surgery?

worriedsnow - Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:28 am

i am in my early twenties ,female.my concern is that i have noticed that my breasts have become noticebly disproportionate over the last few (3-4) years...
i read that a slight difference is considered normal,but i think this is too much.

is there any way of making them equal without surgery?any specific exercises?
it is depressing me a lot.

kindly advise .
thank you
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:59 pm

As you feel that the difference in size between your breasts is 'too much', it indicates that you seem to have a cosmetically significant inequality.

Firstly, consult your doctor to exclude any pathology in either of your breasts.If none is found, then if you have a size difference that can't be concealed easily and is bothering you,then, it may be wiser to consult a cosmetic surgeon.

Exercises cannot increase the size or shape of the breasts per-se, but they can only increase the bulk of the pectoral muscle mass underlying the breasts.It may be somewhat useful & easier in 'bilateral' breast enhancement but, performing 'unilateral' pectoral exercises is not going to be easy!

There is no reliable, noticeable, & verifiable non-surgical method (that i know of) of achieving permanent (or atleast, long term) correction.