Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump on Rib( Please respond)

aruedi28 - Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:59 pm

Last Year out of nowhere I started getting a wierd feeling right underneath my last rib bone on the left side. It felt like something was there but more so on the rib bone itself.
It felt like a bump and was tender and sore when I touched it. It didn't cause me enough pain to think it was serious because it would come and go. I finally went to the doctor and the P.A told me it was a pulled muscle and gave me Skelaxtin. It didn't do anything for that weird feeling so I went back and a different P.A told me I had IBS and gave me Zelnorm. Since I have for many years had problems with constipation I took that diagnosis as what the problem is. But what was not explained to me was why did I have a painful bump on my lower left rib. I also have a history of back and neck problems. I am at a wits end about what is going on with my body and this bump on my rib. If anyone knows what this could be please respond
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:03 am

User avatar Hi aruedi28,
Was there any diagnostic procedure (xray) to rule out a previous fracture or other abnormality? If it was not done, I would suggest you discuss this with your physician so he/she can evaluate the area.