Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump on Rib( Please respond)

aruedi28 - Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:59 pm

Last Year out of nowhere I started getting a wierd feeling right underneath my last rib bone on the left side. It felt like something was there but more so on the rib bone itself.
It felt like a bump and was tender and sore when I touched it. It didn't cause me enough pain to think it was serious because it would come and go. I finally went to the doctor and the P.A told me it was a pulled muscle and gave me Skelaxtin. It didn't do anything for that weird feeling so I went back and a different P.A told me I had IBS and gave me Zelnorm. Since I have for many years had problems with constipation I took that diagnosis as what the problem is. But what was not explained to me was why did I have a painful bump on my lower left rib. I also have a history of back and neck problems. I am at a wits end about what is going on with my body and this bump on my rib. If anyone knows what this could be please respond
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Mar 26, 2005 5:03 am

User avatar Hi aruedi28,
Was there any diagnostic procedure (xray) to rule out a previous fracture or other abnormality? If it was not done, I would suggest you discuss this with your physician so he/she can evaluate the area.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us