Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump behind leg

 buttercuprincess - Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:04 am

I got into a car accident about 2 weeks ago. Miraculously I only had minor back and neck pain although I hit the concrete median at about 30 mph.. A couple of days later I noticed two sizeable bruises on the backs of both of my calves. Now I've noticed a lump under my skin (about a marble sized one) under one of the dissapating bruises. I've been reading some of the other posts and am kind of scared...

Can you help? What is it? :(
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:20 am

User avatar It's probably a hemotoma which can form if the bruising is bad enough. It will proabably resolve itself, but you should see your doctor, since there is no way to diagnose you in a forum.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us