Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Bump behind leg

buttercuprincess - Wed Jun 08, 2005 5:04 am

I got into a car accident about 2 weeks ago. Miraculously I only had minor back and neck pain although I hit the concrete median at about 30 mph.. A couple of days later I noticed two sizeable bruises on the backs of both of my calves. Now I've noticed a lump under my skin (about a marble sized one) under one of the dissapating bruises. I've been reading some of the other posts and am kind of scared...

Can you help? What is it? :(
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 08, 2005 9:20 am

User avatar It's probably a hemotoma which can form if the bruising is bad enough. It will proabably resolve itself, but you should see your doctor, since there is no way to diagnose you in a forum.