Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump on inner thigh

dpbj6 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:24 am

Can someone please help me

I have a dime sized lump on my inner thigh. I started out like a pimple but has grown to this size. I am a sever so i walk alot, and it is right where both of my thighs touch when i walk. it rubs my other thigh. it now has a purple color to it but i have messed with it alot so it might be bursed. when i touch it, it has a few hard spots but other places it feels like it is full of liquid like a blister. i don't know what it is but i have not been to a doctor yet becase i don't have insurance. can someone please help me
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:42 am

User avatar It may be a boil - is it uncomfortable to handle?
 lt8i6 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:00 pm

I had one too. A while ago. I think it is caused because you walk so much that the skin gets really irritated. The trick is, don't take the skin off. Puncture it with a needle, then buy the more than one day bandaid stuff that is heat activated. Its a bit pricey but just slap that sucker on and forget about it for like 3 days. Its waterproof and all.
 st3264 - Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:09 pm

If it is a boil that popped, what color would the fluid be that comes out?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us