Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump on inner thigh

dpbj6 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:24 am

Can someone please help me

I have a dime sized lump on my inner thigh. I started out like a pimple but has grown to this size. I am a sever so i walk alot, and it is right where both of my thighs touch when i walk. it rubs my other thigh. it now has a purple color to it but i have messed with it alot so it might be bursed. when i touch it, it has a few hard spots but other places it feels like it is full of liquid like a blister. i don't know what it is but i have not been to a doctor yet becase i don't have insurance. can someone please help me
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:42 am

User avatar It may be a boil - is it uncomfortable to handle?
 lt8i6 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:00 pm

I had one too. A while ago. I think it is caused because you walk so much that the skin gets really irritated. The trick is, don't take the skin off. Puncture it with a needle, then buy the more than one day bandaid stuff that is heat activated. Its a bit pricey but just slap that sucker on and forget about it for like 3 days. Its waterproof and all.
 st3264 - Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:09 pm

If it is a boil that popped, what color would the fluid be that comes out?