Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Leg Pain

frankie - Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:01 am

One week ago while in a store, i felt my right leg tighten up and after while start itching. When I got home, I notice a white bump, almost like a whitehead and my leg was red aroud the bump and very painful around the enitire area. I assume I was bit by something and after about 4 days it went away. On Saturday the same thing has occurred on the other leg and it seems much worse. The white bump gets bigger and my leg in that area is extremley painful and very red. I have been putting alcohol on it, but it is very sore and it's hard to wear pants on it. I have had a few smaller bumps appear throughout the week, but not as severe. I have check my sheets and I have not changed detergents or anything. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow, but i'm just very curious on what this is. It does not appear anywhere else, but my legs.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:25 am

User avatar Its very difficult to judge from here. It could be an insect bite and an allergic reaction to that. It could be a pustule (infection of the skin which forms pus). The itching is in favor of an allergic reaction.. Only an exam will tell.