Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Two surgeries on the same day

cbates - Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:57 pm

I am having surgery to remove my left ovary. The doctor states she will have to make an incision in my abdomin. Can a tummy tuck be done on the same day as this surgery so I will only have to have one surgery?
 Shelly S, RN - Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:05 pm

To answer your question, yes it can be done.

With the surgery to remove the ovary, the incision will be small. It typically is about 1inch (or less) in length.

An abdominalplasty (tummy tuck) is much more invasive. A long incision is made across the belly.

It is up to your surgeon. Also, the plastic surgeon and OBGYN must agree to operate together.

Keep in mind, recovery time could be longer. You may experience more pain as well.

Good Luck with what you decide