Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: perineum pain

blossom - Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:37 pm

:oops: Didnt know where to post this????
I have had diarrhea on and off for over 3 yrs now, last 8 months have been totally crippled by my perineum? I get a strange feeling in my left buttock, then my perineum swells so big it feels like it ripping open, i bleed, i swell so big it blocks my vagina and bum, but the more i swell the more it makes me want to poo, so cant stop. When i do pooh i cry as it often feels like im passing acid. I stand to wee as my rectum/perineum is constantly sore and raw. I sometimes walk with a limp as one side of my rectum is soooo painful, i often end up i cannot walk at all and have to go to bed. I live on anti inflammatories, constantly smeared in anastetic cream, always on anti biotics. All tests were normal, endoscope etc. only showed i had an abnormal thickening of my perineum. Please help as i cannot live like this anymore, pain 24 hrs a day 7 days a week for 8 months. can go to the loo, i now have to wait for days for my body to naturally push when on the loo, if i give the tiniest push it makes me scream?? it feels all raw and ripping, What can this be.
 blossom - Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:46 pm

Sorry forgot to add, i also had a colonoscopy and it was all clear?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us