Medical Specialty >> Surgery

Doctors Lounge - Surgery Answers

Back to Surgery Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/19/2017.

Forum Name: Surgery Topics

Question: Lump

 twentythree - Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:31 pm

Hi, I have a quick question... just today I was rubbing my neck and found a small pea-sized lump on the right side towards the back. I can move it around with my finger... what could this be? Should I make an appointment with my doctor? Thanks.
 DeLWolcott - Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:32 pm

Could possibly be an inflammed lymph glad or could be a calcium cyst. It would be in your best interest to let a physician personally evaluate it.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us