Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: urgent need to pass water

brookstein - Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:05 am

I have in the past had cystitis, but over the past 6 weeks, I have been needing to go a wee lots and lots of times a day even waking between 5 - 10 times in the night with the need to go, but not every night.

I had a bad pain in my back 2 weeks ago and then felt like i was going to faint, I felt all clammy and had to lie down for a little while, don't know if this is connected.

The main problem is I am continously going to the toilet, I wee a small amount and then feel I need to go again, the is no discharge or burning at all this time so I know its not cystitis, but this urge to go is really annoying and I must be going to the toilet about 50 plus times a day. I don't drink coffee and only has about 3 cups of tea a day, so don't drink much.

Thanks Lynn
 buckwheat - Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:27 pm

sounds like acute prostititis....see a doctor for a d.r.e. and he will probably put you on cipro for 30 days...meanwhile, soak in a hot bath twice daily for 20 min. and ejac. often...and no alcohol or

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us