Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Can someone plese answer this simple question?

willywonka2005 - Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:51 pm

I've been looking at some diagrams of the Anotomy Of The Penis but some of them contradict each other. All i want to know is if the curled vein in the penis in this picture is the
"Superficial Dorsal Vein" or the "Deep Dorsal Vein"? As you can se the vein is curled but it does straighten out upon erection.

I would greatly appreciate it if a doctor or someone else who knows for sure if this is either the "Superficial" or "Deep" vein could anser my question. Thank you!

Image
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:53 pm

User avatar Is there a specific reason you are asking?
 willywonka2005 - Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:17 am

Yes, i have a lump in this vein. :(
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:23 pm

User avatar without assessment, I would say the "lump" you have is a "valve" in your vein. Every vein has"valves". Check some of your veins on your hands and otherwise and I am sure you will see the same "lump".....if you feel it is more than that I would suggest you see your M.D, however i do not know what else it could be. Good luck to you!
 willywonka2005 - Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:22 pm

Thanks for the reply. :)

Well part of the vein has beomce thinner and there are veins branching off this vein that i could'nt even see before. I've had an ultrasound but i have no faith in the person that did it. It just seemed so amteurish to me.

I plan to keep an eye on it and look for any further changes wihtin the next week. If it gets any worse then i will make another trip to see someone who can tell me once and for all what this is. The lump is actualy hard and seems to be at its biggest when an erection has died down. The lump swells. Plus the vein has become more prominenet on erection and ';m getting discomfort in the area where the lump is. Plus i can see more veins branching off this vein and i get a vein colourd swelling which runs from the branch vein right the way down the dorsal side to the base of my penis. Even though the swellign is the colour of a vein i can't see how it can actualy be a vein because it's shaped nothign like a vein. Its almost like there is blood pooling under the skin or tissue. I also have another vein on the elft hand side of my penis on the dorsal side that runs from the bottom of my penis right the way to the corona. Now before i found this lump this vein was'nt even vissible when my penis is flacid, Now its visible and it looks like there are little lumps or clots in the bottom half of the vein. It's almost like a beeded neckless. The vein is not hard and the lumos are soft though.

i feel that the only way i can get this checked out and be happy is if i can get an ultrasound whil;el i have an erection and they can inject some die into the veins to check for any damage, blockages etc. I just wish i coudl go private with a great urologst and get all tisi checked out and be happy with what he says. So far the free treamtent i've had has been farcial to be honest.

All i got told by the urologist is that it was normal for veins to change shape. Well i've been palying and peeing with my penis for years and it's never looked liek this before. :(