Question: Varicocele Treatment Soon..

markorn - Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:38 pm

Hello, i have consulted my GP and hospital about my varicocele i've been having on my left scrotum for a few years. I'm now 16 and i've decided that it looks quite ugly and i am too embarrased to reveal it to future partners and it could affect my sperm production. So just incase it would.. and to save the embarrasment i have told my parents that it hurts a lot every now and then.. which isn't quite true.. it does ache every now and then but it's bareable and doesn't cause much pain.. my operation is due next month and i'm gettin really worried. What's the chance it will get worse or better?.. as in like whats the chance things mite go wrong and if they do.. will they be able to cure it without complications and what is the worst thing that could happen? sorry i'm really scared =P .. how big will the scar/stitching be?.. will i be ok?

please reply back asap as although i really want this varicocele to go and get this over and done with, i'm really worried :(

Thank you!!
 willywonka2005 - Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:55 pm

I was just wondering if it was normal to be able to feel arterys in the spermatic cord? Can you feel them in yours? I ask this becuase i can feel what feels like cooked spagatetti in te spermatic cord on my right testsicle. At first i thought these could be varicocele but from what ive read varicose veins don't feel like this or look like this. I can make out individual veins,tubes and arteries in my right testicles but i can't feel anythign in the spernmatuic cord on my left testcile.