Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Penis Growing together please help!!

MikeH - Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:49 am

I am a 21 year old uncircumsised male. I have noticed lately that my penis hole seems to be growing together. It has gotten so far that I can only urinate out of one side of the opening, also the urine comes out in 2 seperate streams. Anyone please help, im sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. Thank you in advance to anyone who may reply to this.
 ggladbach - Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:18 pm

Mike,
You may want to do a web search on this
Balanitis xerotica obliterans, sounds similar to your problem.
At any rate try to make it to the doctors office, if anything it will put your worries to rest.

Balanitis xerotica obliterans is a common problem that affects the penis in childhood or old age; its cause is not fully understood. The glans or foreskin develops a characteristic white appearance and the skin seems thickened and stiff. This may cause narrowing of the urethral opening (meatus ­ the hole at the tip of the penis) and can interfere with passing water. Circumcision is usually performed to prevent fibrosis, scarring of the foreskin, and phimosis (see phimosis). Occasionally, the urethral opening needs surgical widening. It is important to have this differentiated from leukoplakia, a pre-malignant condition (see below).

Gloria
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:32 am

User avatar Hi MikeH,
Apart from balanitis xerotica obliterans, there are certain other causes for what seems to be progressive stenosis of the external urethral meatus.
Lets us look at this problem from the point of view of the 2 streams of urine that you have mentioned (forked urinary stream).
This can be caused by chronic trauma to the meatus.
the cause can be Congenital (with a web deviding the meatus into two parts), any balanitis (including balanitis xerotica obliterans),and more recently, one has to keep in mind the penile ornaments.
I hope this information is useful to you.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us