Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Trouble urinating and getting erections

 famosman - Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:25 pm

About a year ago I was put in a situation that prevented me from using the bathroom and made me hold my urine for a full hour. Since I have had increasing problems peeing and getting aroused. Is there a over the counter medication or home remedy that I can take to fix this problem?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:49 pm

That would be an incorrect and potentially dangerous approach. Difficulty with micturiition must be investigated to ascertain its cause, and treatment would depend on the results of investigations. Erectile dysfunction may be secondary to the cause of difficulty with micturition.

It is advisable to consult a urologist for evaluation of your complaints.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us