Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Trouble urinating and getting erections

famosman - Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:25 pm

About a year ago I was put in a situation that prevented me from using the bathroom and made me hold my urine for a full hour. Since I have had increasing problems peeing and getting aroused. Is there a over the counter medication or home remedy that I can take to fix this problem?
 Dr. Anthony Solomon - Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:49 pm

That would be an incorrect and potentially dangerous approach. Difficulty with micturiition must be investigated to ascertain its cause, and treatment would depend on the results of investigations. Erectile dysfunction may be secondary to the cause of difficulty with micturition.

It is advisable to consult a urologist for evaluation of your complaints.

Dr Anthony Solomon
Consultant Physician, Tropical & Genitourinary Medicine