Question: peeing blood

beppy - Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:45 pm

What does it mean when you are peeing blood??? I have had UTI and Kidney Stones before!But I never felt this much pain or seen this much blood! All I know is that I am emensley in pain! Help what should I do! I have taken a phenazopyridine to help the pain.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:26 am

User avatar Hi beppy,
UTI's, cystitis, and kidney stones all will cause the symptom of blood in the urine and well as pain. If it's related to an infection you will need antibiotic therapy. If it's related to another kidney stone, it may be lodged. Have an evaluation by your physician to identify the cause and receive appropriate treatment.