Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Dull pain/burning in urethra

wrs676 - Tue Dec 13, 2005 7:56 am

I had sex with my wife and accidently bent my penis to far forward causing pain.Since then(about 1 yr), I have been experienceing a recoccuring dull pain/burning sensation in the base of my penis. It never seems to completely go away..The pain increases when i get a erection and with ejaculation. My primary case Dr. treated me with antibiotics which did not help..A Urologist performed a culture and cystoscopy - both came back negative...Any ideas?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:29 am

User avatar Hello,

Possible causes of pain on ejaculation are usually related to the prostate. These would include benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients older than 40 years, prostate cancer again mainly in old men, prostatitis (would show on urine analysis or examination of prostatic secretions, ejaculatory duct obstruction (uncommon but suggested by low volume of ejaculate), and psychogenic causes.

If you are still experiencing the pain you will need to be re-evaluated by your urologist.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us