Question: Urinating way too much!

missedhalo - Tue Dec 13, 2005 11:05 am

Hey, i need some help with something. I've started urinating several times during the day as well as at night. It's been about once every 2 hours or so and it does keep me up at night. i did see a urologist but they said everything was ok. i find it hard to believe that a person can drink one 12 oz glass of water and then pees out 6 times that amount of liquid! (i measured this myself) i don't appear to be retaining liquid but i just don't' know. obviously cutting back on fluids isn't helping one bit. this just started about a week ago and it's becoming very embarrassing and annoying. i don't have insurance right now so going back to the dr right away is not an option for me. any ideas or suggestions? thanks!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 14, 2005 7:44 am

User avatar Hi missedhalo,
Considering that you have had a recent Urology evaluation and all is normal in that concern then it sounds like UTI's, chronic cystitis, etc., have all been ruled out. There are other conditions that cause the symptoms of frequent and night time urination including Endocrine disorders (for example, Diabetes, Diabetes Insipidus), etc. I would suggest an evaluation by an Endocrinologist to rule out any dysfunction. There are programs that assist those that are uninsured for a reduced fee or free based on need. If you are located in the North Dakota ? area here are two links that may provide you with information in which you may find the assistance that you need.
Click here!
Click here!