Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: constantly feeling as though I have to urinate

irish03 - Tue Dec 13, 2005 6:48 pm

Very recently, yesterday in fact, I started noticing that I constantly FEEL like I have to urinate. Most of the time barely anything comes out but regardless of a little or a lot right afterwards I get this sensation that can only be mildly compared to what it feels like for a female to orgasm. It doesn't burn when I urinate, nor is there any blood or foul odor. It simply feels like there is a ton of pressure on my bladder at random times of the day and I find myself having to rush to the bathroom. This morning I woke up having to hold it with all of my might and after I went to the bathroom I found that I still felt like I had to go a good 4 or 5 more times, but every time I went just a little came out and the sharp sensation proceeded. I wasn't sure if this was connected to UTI's or if it could possibly be some other infection or related to something entirely else with the female body. Please let me know
 leahtaylor - Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:00 pm

I just went through that untill a few weeks later the pain set in. I was in and out of the bathroom all day. The Dr. told me that it dosen't have to burn or hurt while you are urinating, that just the frequency is enough of a clue to point to a UTI. I wish I would have been diagnosed back then to avoid the pain of a full blown UTI.
Go have your urine tested, better now than later.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:33 am

Urge to void needs acertain amount of urine in the urinary bladder (how much it is - is mentioned variously in the medical literature - you can take it roughly as 300-500mls.
Symptoms such as yours indicates that either your urinary bladder is hyper-sensitive (for example in the various types of cystitis) or that the capacity of the urinary bladder has become smaller due to some pathology (for example as in tuberculosis).
The onset of the symptoms had been acute in your case.
Therefore, the first thing that comes to one's mind is a UTI.
I take it that a culture was done - if not, it should be done. It will confirm a UTI (if any) and also guide the clinician regarding the treatment. Good luck!