Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: 3rd day antibiotics but

leahtaylor - Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:56 pm

but the symptoms just don't go away.
I went to the Hospital yesterday in dire pain, both bladder and lower back, they said my urine looked fine and it must be because the anti's and/or liters of Cranberry juice are working.
Sure enough I came home and tested my urine and the blood was back again. The pain is better today aftet taking a round of bladder relaxant drugs, but I am still urinating every 15 minutes (never had pain on urination, only after) and still find blood in 5 out of 7 urine tests.
Why dosen't the blood show in each test? I went to the Dr. on call last week in pain anfter finding bllodin my urine and he tested my urine and said it was fine. I waited it out a week before calling my Dr, he tested my urine and said I most definatly have a bladder infection.
What's the deal with the blood showing up selectively? Does anyone know?
This is my first UTI, when will it all go away?!??
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:26 pm

I hope you are feeling better and that was your first and last episode.

Your UTI is most likely a cystitis. Cystitis would lead to painful micturition as well as urgency and frequency. It could lead to hematuria and as in your case it would not be persistent and will stop as soon as the inflammation starts improving.