Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Need help/info UTI

Marauder - Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:59 pm

Ok will start from the start 11-29-2005
Seemed to of started 3 days ago.
http://kidney.niddk.nih.gov/kudiseases/pubs/utiadult/
I have frequent urge to urinate.
[quote]burning feeling in the area of the bladder or urethra during urination.[\quote]
Don't really have this one might of felt a slight burning 2 twice with the urethra during urination. Haven't had it again since.

Yeah 18yr Male yeah no sexual relations btw..

I went and saw the doc on the 12th of the 11th 2005.
Had a urine test and was put on Trimethoprim 3 days latter the test didn't show anything but was told to keep taking Trimethoprim well that was for about a week, didn't help a lot it seems, I seemed to be better at times and not others so slightly better, but was barely off them about a day and it came back at night and when I went once noticed sort of to the left (not sure how to say this) umm below the belle button to the left and down it was sore no pain though only seemed to notice it once.
Went back to doc next day told him of that new symptom above now I’m on DOXYCYLINE 100mg (small print down bottom Doxycyline Hydrochloride) taking 2 a day I have 3 bottles with 7 capsules on the 2nd about 2 left in it so 1 at dinner time tonight and 1 in the morning and onto the next bottle.

I asked if the antibiotic I’m on now should clear it up and he said yes I hope the rest of these pills fix me up. Seemed to be going on these pills seemed to be helping wasn’t going as much not the urge to go, just today some slight discomfort going to pee more again.

Yeah also how does alcohol affect this drug today’s the 21st had about 5 drinks equivalent to 1.4 standard drinks each on 17th Saturday night.

Any feel free to leave your commets.
 Marauder - Wed Dec 21, 2005 1:21 am

Yeah don’t know if this help with any info you can give me or not.
Height: 187.5cm
Weight: 80kg

Is that a healthy weight?
Was at 85KG for about 2 years but must have just been only the past few months (well when I checked) gone down to 80KG same diet etc.

I don't eat as much at lunch now and haven’t been as physically active in the past year and seem to not be as hungry now feel fuller quicker to.
I still eat the same amount as I always have though.

Last year I was doing work that was physicaly demanding at times I now don't do that work anymore.
It seemed not to be good for my health.
I was breathing in chemicals. It seemed directly linked to giving me shortness of breath sometimes, I also had heart palpitations not sure if that was caused by the work I was doing but when I had that I had periods of shortness of breath which I do know was linked to the chemicals I breathed in as it happened a few times when I breathed them In think it may of aggravated something, don’t know about the palpitations though.
Had that checked out by a Doctor and my hearts ok never did find out what caused the shortness of breath though tried a puffer for asthma didn’t help at all when I was having shortness of breath.
Anyway it’s been a year since I left the line of work I was doing and haven’t had the above come back yet.

Well i might as well ask this as well to do with sleeping habits.
I go to bed about 12-130pm+ and get up 8:30-10am normaly around 9:30am been doing this for about a year now just woundering how healthy this is can't exactly be good.

Seems I have posted a bit more then just my question about my UTI well those were just stuff I have been woundering that's all.
 Marauder - Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:07 am

Damm useless antibiotics and not being able to see my regular doctor.. 3 weeks on 2 different types and they don’t seemed to of helped much.
Guess I will have to wait till the xmas break is over to try and see my doctor not some other one.