Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: burning and blood when urinating

Jaymz - Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:54 am

hey guys and gals... I'm a 22 year old male, sexually active (unprotected) with only 1 partner and we both have never been with anyone else... I have just recently (last 24 hours) started experiencing a burning sensation in the tip of my penis right at the end when i have just about finished urinating, almost to the point where i stop urinating because it hurts so much :( anyways i realised this afternoon that when i tried to force that little bit that was left, out, my urine turned a pinkish colour like if it had blood in it... i am just waiting now till i have to go to the toilet again to see if it happend again... any help would be muchly apprechiated :) Thanks in advance!!!!
 Marauder - Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:19 am

Might be a UTI well that's my guess so go see the doc asap.
 Jaymz - Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:43 pm

just a quick update... i have been to the toilet twice since then and no sign of blood but i still get the burning sensation just as im about to finish... seeing as it is nearly christmas i wont be able to see my GP till early next year... Any ideas? Oh and thanx for the quick reply Marauder, thats exactly what i was thinking... Also something i forgot to metion earlyier is that i have been really sick with a cold this week and the day i started to get the burning sensation i was 'dry reaching' (throwing up but nothing coming up) most of the day... could this have caused it?
 Jaymz - Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:04 pm

i have also just realised that when im NOT urinating that inside my penis (where it burns when urinating) seems to be slightly itchy.... Not sure if that helps??? :?
 Marauder - Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Yeah I would still say it's a UTI, Can't you go to like an after hours clinic?
Drink cranberry juice don’t go overboard with it just a couple of cups a day might help the discomfort a bit, keep dinking water like 5 cups a day and avoid caffeine, avoid alcohol.
 Jaymz - Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:58 am

ok thanx for the quick reply again... i always drink heaps of water (at least 2L's a day) so that should keep me going... will have to go round to a couple medical centres and get checked out... so how do they check to find out what it is? do i just urinate in a cup and they test that or do they have to do a physical examination or something.... i don't think i could handle a random person touching me even if they are a doctor...
 Marauder - Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:59 am

[quote="Jaymz"so how do they check to find out what it is? do I just urinate in a cup and they test that .[/quote]

Yeah spot on.
 Jaymz - Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:58 am

ok just found out that my doc wont be able to see me till next week... 7 days time.... will it be ok to wait that long??? i really don't want to see another doctor...
 Marauder - Mon Dec 26, 2005 7:50 am

Yeah like you I could not get in to see my doctor.
Had to see one I had never had and was on one lot of antibiotics that didn’t help went back went on another that also didn’t do much.

I finished the antibiotics and it’s been 3 days and a lot of discomfort for me it stared to come back while I was still on the antibiotics.
I have to wait till tomorrow not sure if the doctors work on a boxing day holiday anyway I don’t even know if I will be able to see my doctor or go back to the one that doesn’t tell you jack just gives you some pills and that’s about it.

Yeah I don’t know it would be best if you go to a doctor ASAP I know it’s not the best and if you have one like I had to see won’t be that helpful then again you might get a good doctor who knows his or her stuff and will set you right then again I might just have some ***** that’s resiant to antibiotics and needs a different antibiotic who knows.

Ohh how I hate UTI’s well when your girlfriend/wife gets one we will know who they feel won’t we.
 Jaymz - Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:27 pm

ok i finally got to see my doc after i was bed riden with kidney pain :( doc made me urinate in a cup then gave me a 7day prescription to a drug called ALPRIM (cheaper brand here in Australia) Now 8 days later im feeling perfect :D Thanx for the help once again, really appreciated :D
 Marauder - Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:31 pm

No problem Jaymz :)
Good to hear your ok now.
I have one more day to go on my antibiotics and so far so good :) looks like my UTI is not going to come back this time :D