Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: urinating blood

amisick - Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:19 am

I had kidney stones when I was younger (12 years ago) around the sametime I had a blood vessel burst in my bladder resulting in urinating blood. (ER Doctors prognosis not mine) for 7 days I have been urinating blood mixed with urine. I cut out all beverages except cranberry juice and water. Initally this seemed to stop the symptons... 2 days blood free... Slight to moderate discomfort in lower back comes and goes...usually focuses on left kidney... Symptons returned for a day or so with considerable lower back pain. I took 2 Aleve went to sleep and all was well in the morning... About 2 days later (this morning) I awoke and urinated what seemed to be almost all blood, and have done so twice since... I don't have health insurance or alot of $ and I am SCARED

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP
 clairebear9898 - Wed Dec 28, 2005 2:59 pm

obviously I'm not a doctor so I can't give you any advice, but I've been peeing blood for almost 6 months, and so far, the doctors haven't been able to come up with anything. However, mine is usually painless, and if there is pain, it's slight and in my lower abdomen.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us