Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: long term pain

 lugnuts - Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 am

hi folks, sorry to ask but i need help. i thank you in advance. i have persistent pain inside my penis, and i can feel it at the rear end also. gets pretty bad. its as if im trying to pee something huge. it stinks a tiny bit, its more multidirectional than usual, sitting doesnt help, feels like a screwdriver in my penis. theres no discharge from anywhere, lump, bumps, itches etc. the tiny penis opening is bright red colour. there are no urges, but im only half emptying. :cry: can get very sore inside where the penis meets my groin. no semen or ejaculation problems. i am overweight, about 19 stone. one doctor says i have hypertension, but i don't really reckon so. my girl aint very happy, im afraid to have sex. im 33yrs old. oh yeah, i smoke too. i did have a bad lifestyle for a long time, i was a bodyguard for years. i take 2 solpadiene everyday for intense headaches, and a hypopyon (repeating eye infection). i know, im a moron, i cant afford a doctor, coz im not workin. its a long all day type of pain. quite sharp. doesnt really answer to prostate syptoms, coz theres no testicle swelling, or urges to pee. i could yap for ages, so ill stop now. hope any of this makes sense. thanks a million, lugnuts. :?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:14 pm

User avatar Hello,

Dysuria refers to any difficulty in urination. This would include any pain, discomfort, or burning sensation during urination.

Dysuria, bad odour and frequency, in the absence of a discharge, fever or flank pain all point to a cystitis (inflammation of the bladder).

I would strongly recommend that you see a doctor.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us