Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: long term pain

lugnuts - Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:46 am

hi folks, sorry to ask but i need help. i thank you in advance. i have persistent pain inside my penis, and i can feel it at the rear end also. gets pretty bad. its as if im trying to pee something huge. it stinks a tiny bit, its more multidirectional than usual, sitting doesnt help, feels like a screwdriver in my penis. theres no discharge from anywhere, lump, bumps, itches etc. the tiny penis opening is bright red colour. there are no urges, but im only half emptying. :cry: can get very sore inside where the penis meets my groin. no semen or ejaculation problems. i am overweight, about 19 stone. one doctor says i have hypertension, but i don't really reckon so. my girl aint very happy, im afraid to have sex. im 33yrs old. oh yeah, i smoke too. i did have a bad lifestyle for a long time, i was a bodyguard for years. i take 2 solpadiene everyday for intense headaches, and a hypopyon (repeating eye infection). i know, im a moron, i cant afford a doctor, coz im not workin. its a long all day type of pain. quite sharp. doesnt really answer to prostate syptoms, coz theres no testicle swelling, or urges to pee. i could yap for ages, so ill stop now. hope any of this makes sense. thanks a million, lugnuts. :?
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:14 pm

User avatar Hello,

Dysuria refers to any difficulty in urination. This would include any pain, discomfort, or burning sensation during urination.

Dysuria, bad odour and frequency, in the absence of a discharge, fever or flank pain all point to a cystitis (inflammation of the bladder).

I would strongly recommend that you see a doctor.

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us