Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Please help me, not UTI?

pika - Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:39 am

I went to a local Dr. My GP is still on holiday, door closed.

I told him I got the tingling (blowing bubbles like vibration) has gone thro' my hands and legs. I also have an lower abdomenal pain. He said is UTI. Have a urine test. Result come back as follow:

CHEMISTRY
pH: 5.0 Protein: Nil Glucose: +++ Blood: Nil

MICROSCOPY
* Leucocytes 21 x 10 ^6 /L (<10 x 10 ^6 /L)
* Erythrocytes 11 x 10 ^6 /L (<10 x 10 ^6 /L)
Epithelial Cells +

CULTURE
No significant growth.

BP : 160/80 (Never had one like that, all the time around 120/80)

He wrote me a letter "go to hospital" now! I asked him what happen if I'm not going? He said that I'll be very very sick later on. ??? Something inside there is very wrong! This urine test was taken at 30/12/05. Being a week already so today I went back to get the result.

I went thro' the google search. Can't understand the figure means. Why I would get these? Is it the normal things or not? Why have to send me to the hospital for? Is this an UTI? Please someone tell me! I'm still at home and hang around and don't know what to do?

Thanks for looking at my post and hopefully someone can help me out.
 pika - Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:55 am

I'm very disappointed. My tummy still sore. Can anyone tell me is UTI or not?
Thanks for you all looking at my post. I'm still waiting.......... :cry:

Pika.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:04 pm

User avatar Hi pika,
Mere presence of increased number of white blood cells in the urine (pyuria) does not mean automatically that one has a urinary infection. Pyuria can be caused by a vast number of conditions (viral fevers, urinary stones etc).
Proof of a UTI should come from a positive urine culture test.
The softness of the ...(organ?) you allude to needs to be investigated on its own merits.Cheers!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us