Medical Specialty >> Urology

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: Very infrequent pain, urge to urinate, painful urination...

Cicatriz - Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:08 am

This has happened to me about three, maybe four, times in the last two years. I'll get a sudden and almost unbearable urge to urinate, but I won't be able to urinate easily. It feels like someone snapped my urethra shut, and is accompanied by a sharp pain just below the head of my penis. This has happened in several different cases, including immediately after I have already urinated (I'll hardly make it back to my room from the bathroom when I'll suddenly get an unbearable urge to urinate).

The first time this has happened was around two years ago, and I'm assuming it isn't an STD as I hadn't had any sexual experience at that point. It has most recently happened two or three times in the last semester. I haven't been troubled by it recently, but if it happens again I'm going to go to the campus medical center. Any advice/information is greatly appreciated, thanks.
 Dr. Tamer Fouad - Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:53 pm

Dysuria, urgency and frequency in the absence of a discharge, fever or flank pain all point to a cystitis (inflammation of the bladder).

I would strongly recommend that you see your doctor.