Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: constant (yet false) urgency - oversensitive urethra?

poodle - Wed Apr 07, 2004 7:23 pm

I'm seeing the gynecologist about this on Thursday but I don't want to wait that long for answers. I seem to have an overly irritable/oversensitive/just plain messed up urethra. Maybe it's just not quite in the right place though. Anyway, these things irritate my urethra very much: alchohol, caffeine, and SEX! During sex, I feel a strong urgency to urinate even if I had just urinated shortly beforehand. Usually, I rush to the bathroom afterwards (sometimes even call a time-out to visit the bathroom) to find that hardly any urine comes out. Then I struggle for several hours with constant but false urgency. This happened several nights ago, and it died down apparently after I took some Detrol LA (I had a very similar problem about a year ago, Detrol was sort of useless, but I took two of the leftover capsules anyway). Now the constant urgency is back for no apparent reason other than that I drank a decaf latte a few hours ago but no normal urethra would freak out about that, right? What's going on there and how is it treated? How invasive are the treatments?
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:57 am

User avatar Hi!

Sorry for the late reply. I suppose you have already been to your gynecologist by now. Was a urnialysis done? What did you find out from your visit to the doctor?

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us