Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urinary tract infections

Question: urinary tract infection

nair - Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:04 am

Hi, 38 year old male with recent urinary tract infection. Was given two week dose of antibiotic, beat it down a bit but didnt quite do it so after a 4 day lay off, doctor put me on same med for another two weeks. I have also had low level pain in left testical during this time period (which doctor says can be associated with this infection) Now I am half way through a 4 week stint of levoquine? along with antiinflamatory. Current urine analysis shows urine is clear. This latest dose of meds was perscribed by a urologist who examined me and said the prostate showed no signs of being enlarged. He claims some times these infections can back up into the testical and can take time to get rid of. Having said this, I recall for the last two years in april I seemed to have had a prostate infection and epididimitis. My history also includes left side flank pain off and on for the last two years (all chest xrays, stomach barium w/ small bowel follow through tests come back clean, testical scan unremarkeble) Sorry for so much info, just wondering if you see any pattern here
 Dr. Russell M - Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:17 am

User avatar Hi!

Is there a history of promiscuity in relations?

bill

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us