Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Strange Penis Behavior/Erecticle Issues

 DrBrown81 - Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:56 pm

For the past few weeks my penis has been acting very strangely, for starters when flaccid it always appears shriveled, even when I'm not cold, and when it does elongate, it isn't as long as it used to be...I'd estimate about an inch to an inch and a hlaf loss of flaccid length the biggest problem tho is with my erections..whenever I start getting arroused the bottom of the shaft of my penis starts to grow, but the mid section near the head seems to remain "shriveled" causing my penis to resemble an hour glass like shape...sometimes with a little massaging I get get almost fully erect, it appears to be the usual length, but might have lost an inch. I'm 24 years old and have never had sex, but masturbate frequently, sometimes up to 3 times a day, but recently my libido isn't what it used to be and getting erections is more difficult. Is this the sign of some type of physical problem? I started noticing this following an incident I had while masturbating: while getting ready to masturbate I felt an orgasm coming but no semen ejaculated, this was before I was fully erect, After it happened my penis shriveled up very small, smaller than usual, almost to a frightened turtle. Since then I've been experiencing the problems. Anyone out there experience anything like this??
 willywonka2005 - Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:20 pm

It definelty sounds like you have fractured your penis. You really need to do a lot of reasrch and get yourself to a urologist right away my buddy. I know how you are feeling somewhat. I hav'nt fractured my penis but the superfical dorsal vein of my penis has become damaged and i've developed some painful veins in my penis too. Also my penis is more limp than usual and im getting a lot of icthing and pain in some of these new veins. The only thign we can do is see a urologist and get as much info as possible about what is wrong with you. I'm due to see a urologsit on friday and i'm nervous about it because i know my dick will shrivle up to nothing when i pull my pants down, but whne you are worried about somethign then you've got no choice. don't be ashamed to show these guys your dick. They've seen a thousand cocks. Book that appointment right away my friend and get yourslef sorted out. Good luck! :-)

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us