Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Whats the name of my testicle condition?

londonguy - Fri Feb 03, 2006 3:26 pm

I'm too embarrased to ask my parents or my doctor what my condition is called, and I really want to know!! I think I have two undescended testicles but I don't know whether its just that or whether this is part of something else. Since about 11 i've had testosterone replacement treatment, tablets, injections and currently gel. I'm also infertile. Obviously when I started puberty I didn't develop as you would expect due to testosterone deficiency hence the testosterone replacement treatment. At 15 I had a prosthetic testcle implant and was due to have a second a few years ago but chose not as I didnt want to go through the surgery. I think thats all I can tell you. PLEASE can someone tell me what I have, its driving me crazy and I just want to know.
 willywonka2005 - Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:00 pm

The medical term for undescended testis is "Cryptorchidism". Here is a webapge from a great website with probabaly all the info you need about Cryptorchidism. Check it out! Good luck mate! :-)

http://www.emedicine.com/med/topic2707.htm

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us