Medical Specialty >> Urology

Question: Blood in urine

jerome8283 - Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:34 pm

I've been experiencing blood in my urine, gross hematuria. The blood is visible on a daily basis. I've seen multiple Urologists and Nephrologists over the last several months and had just about every test done. Cancer has been ruled out as well as others, sickle cell, tumors etc. I had many blood tests, a kidney biopsy, a Cystoscopy (twice) and CT scan. Nothing has been found. Tomorrow I’m going to have a CT Urogram. At the beginning of this entire episode (last year) my doctor noticed my blood pressure and cholesterol had gone up. He put me on Tarka and Lovastatin which appears to have controlled both. The Urologist put me on LevaQuin for the second time. The first time the blood stopped after the third dose of LevaQuin. About two weeks later the blood reappeared. I also fainted twice during the last several months. The thought hear was low blood sugar levels due to the blood pressure medication or cholesterol, I can’t remember which one at the moment. I had a stress test performed as well as an echocardiogram. Both came back negative. Needless to say I’m very concerned about the continuing blood in my urine. What other conditions could cause this?
 jerome8283 - Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:33 pm

Today I was sitting and went to stretch and I had a sharp pain on my left side just below my rib cage.
 willywonka2005 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:00 am

Do you have any faith in the people who are treating you? From my experience i've no faith in the peope i've seen at all . I think a lot of this boils down to the fact that its hard to find someone who actually knows what they are talking about or atually gives a crap about their patients. I've been for an ultarsound, seen two GP's, radiographers and a urologist and i can tell you for a fact that they missed things that i know that i have. I've still got no explanation for what certainthtings are. They've missed huge varacocele veins on my right spermatic cord even though i've been for a scan nd examined. They've also missed a varacocle on my actual testicle and ive stil got no explanation as to why i keep getting hard lump that appears on my left testicle, or the fact that the texture of my left testcle has changed. Also ive been given no explanation as to why my right testicle keeps becomeing swollen, not to mention other problems. The urologist told me i had a small left varacocle and never even mentioned the 3 huge ones in my right spermatic cord. its a joke! From the research ive done on the net i KNOW that certain and further tests should of been performed on me to rule out other possible problems yet non of this has even been mentioned. I dread to think what woud happen if i ever need a major operation, and ive come to the conclusion that the only way to find out what your problems are and be happy with what thsese peole tell you is to pay a fortune and see top draw urologist etc. Either that or by some miracle stumble upon a team of people who actually give a crap what they are doing. So far i think the so called "tests" and "examinations" that have been performed on me have just been down right pathetic. The lack of communication, informatin and these peoples in-ability to listen is also a huge problem. It only takes a days resasch on the net for me to find out what shoudl be done and how thtings should be done when certain conditions/situations are presented. However these clowns don't seem to know anythign or just plain don't care, can't be arsed etc. I mean its obvous that there is somethign wrong with you and you've had all these tests and examintaions yet none of these people can tell you whats wrong? Its a joke. You can bet your ass that if you paid the earth and visited a top draw team of specialists they woud find out what was wrong in minutes. The problem i've expericend is that things just are not being done correctly. Are you sure that these people are checkign you over correclty? I can tell you that over here in england in the past two weeks there has been no end of medical f*** ups being reported in the papers and on the news. One guy had his leg cut off when they told him he had a serious bone infection even though they had'nt performed any tests. All the guy had was excema on his leg for christ sake. One kid who was born with only one testcle and was told that he had cancer in his one and only testcile so they removed it even though there was nothign wrong with him at all. Now he has to take testosterone injections to stop himself from growing tits ffs. One guy was told he had testicular cancer and they removed the wrong one, so in the end he had to have the one with cancer removed so now he's got no testciles and is taking injections too. This is just the start. There are cases of people beign sticthed back up with instruments still left inside them and all sorts of things. Form what i've expericemd so far from the NHS i'm not suprised. :-(
 jerome8283 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:22 am

willywonka2005,

I hear what you’re saying and I can say it is very frustrating. I too have experienced lack of communication between doctors and within each office as well. The only thing I can do is read forums like this, continue to diagnose myself and provide each specialist I've seen feedback as necessary.
 jerome8283 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:29 am

Also, I will add that none of the doctors as you can see on this forum have replied so whatever is going on with me must not be easy to determine.
 willywonka2005 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:24 pm

jerome8283 wrote:willywonka2005,

And one of the problems is that these doctors don't like to be told how to do their job, which i fell is excalty whati needs to be done. It's like i have to downlaod all the information i've leanred from the internet and all the corrct information i can find on how certain scan shoud be perfomred, then take it to the hospital and brief these clowns word for word on what THEY SHOULD ALREADY KNOW AND WHAT THEY SHOUD BE DOING.

Oh and i wond'nt count on this place for any medical advice that you cam't fiugre out for yourself by doing a little reasearch on the net. It takes ages for someone "qualified" to reply here, if at all, and even then they just go over the same old stuff that any can learn on the net within n time. I actaully diagnoesed myself with Superical Dorsal Vein Thrombosis thnks to the net and atleast that was confirmed by the urorgist i saw the other day. Even though i knew i had this months ago and i did'nt need him to disgnoze me. In fact i didnt need him to disgnose me with anything because i already now what i have. What i expected him to do was to send me for further ultrasound tests, considering that i coudl have underlying problems elseswhere that are causing my problems now. Instead i got nothing but a bunch of stuff i already new months ago. I'm sick of waiting and then being looked at by someone who's a total arse tbh.

Hey check out this ridiculous case which was on the news today. Apppanrelyt hthis is a TOP hospital too. Also there was a guy in the newspaaer today who went for an hernia opertaion and they accidently cut through his spermatic cord so testosterone could'mt flow into his blood stream correclty. The guy actually started growing tits because of the lack of testoerone. This is the type of ***** we have to put up with over here. F******* pathetic.
 willywonka2005 - Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:29 pm

Oh and please excuse my crappy spelling, mate. I hope you get lucky and find a urologist how knows his ***** and finds out once and for all what is going on with you. Keep us posted on how you gtet on. I know people on the net a million miles away can't do much but atlest you can get things off your chest here. :-)
 byron - Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:11 am

is there any update on your case now? are you feeling any pain at all?