Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: Varicocele - please help!

markorn - Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:30 am

I am still recovering from a Varicocele keyhole surgery I had done a few days ago. The operation went fine except that, although there are now fewer veins, there are still a few left. The thing that is really worrying me is that there is a hint of aching now. Although there isn't much aching, it's still annoying and worrying because it wont go away :( .. the aching is very minor and im not even sure if it is an aching feeling but i can definately feel something, and it's bothering me. I'm really scared it wont go away. My left thigh to the area of the varicocele feels strange and i'm wondering if it's normal to have this after a varicocele keyhole surgery?.. Sometimes the aching can be much more stronger. Please if someone can help me that would be great, thanx!
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:17 am

User avatar Hi markorn,
Your symptoms do not sound overly concerning at this point, but if they persisted I would certainly hope that you notified your physician. I hope your recovery has went well. Best wishes.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us