Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: frustrating - how to relieve symptoms help please

teash - Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:41 pm

dear doctors lounge,
i recently went to the doctors about the constant need to urinate (about half an hour after i go the feeling is back - but can hold on for an hour -hour and a half). if i am sitting still it is ok, but even if i change position i can feel the pressure i think on my bladder.
i did two urine samples to check for UTI's and they both came back negative.
the doctor said that i might have trigonitis.
i am 22, sexually active, have a history of UTI's - two a year since age 17 (but am having less of them by peeing after sex, drinking water etc), and have had no surgery.
i am booked in to see a urologist but it is february now and i can't get in until may! they are booked out. is there anything i can do to relieve the symptoms?
it is very frustrating.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 am

User avatar Hi teash,
Aside from what you are currently doing, (drinking plenty of water, voiding after intercourse, etc., studies have shown that consumption of cranberry juice as well a Vitamin C supplement may also reduce the frequency of UTI's. Always check with your physician regarding the use of a Vitamin supplements prior to using such a regimen. The Urologist should be able to identify if trigonitis, Interstitial Cystitis, or another disorder is present. I hope that your Urology evaluation went well.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us