Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: frustrating - how to relieve symptoms help please

teash - Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:41 pm

dear doctors lounge,
i recently went to the doctors about the constant need to urinate (about half an hour after i go the feeling is back - but can hold on for an hour -hour and a half). if i am sitting still it is ok, but even if i change position i can feel the pressure i think on my bladder.
i did two urine samples to check for UTI's and they both came back negative.
the doctor said that i might have trigonitis.
i am 22, sexually active, have a history of UTI's - two a year since age 17 (but am having less of them by peeing after sex, drinking water etc), and have had no surgery.
i am booked in to see a urologist but it is february now and i can't get in until may! they are booked out. is there anything i can do to relieve the symptoms?
it is very frustrating.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:33 am

User avatar Hi teash,
Aside from what you are currently doing, (drinking plenty of water, voiding after intercourse, etc., studies have shown that consumption of cranberry juice as well a Vitamin C supplement may also reduce the frequency of UTI's. Always check with your physician regarding the use of a Vitamin supplements prior to using such a regimen. The Urologist should be able to identify if trigonitis, Interstitial Cystitis, or another disorder is present. I hope that your Urology evaluation went well.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us