Medical Specialty >> Urology

Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

Back to Urology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 8/13/2017.

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: 29, M, yellow smooth waxy chunks/stones in semen

MusicalTravel - Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:47 am

I've recently been passing (in ejaculate) various sized, yellow hardish, transparent, waxy when smushed stones/debris in my semen. I recently had a prostate exam and urine test both came up as negative. My doctor said to not worry about the debris, but it seems as though the chunks are getting larger. Any idea on what these are and should I seek further attention?? Any reply would be appreciated, Thank You.....
 TWITCHYTALLY - Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:36 pm

many years ago l had urine samples with debris floating about in it, much to my consternation, but was told not to worry, not significant, later on being given antibiotic pessaries l discharged masses of yellow bits, with a almost chrystalised appearance to them, it turned out l had a problem with infection on the bladder lining, and a overgrowth of thrush, but these conditions do cause a lot of pain and discomfort, if youve none it could be another reason, you can always go to the genito-urinary clinic who advice on problems of that nature, not just std.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 pm

User avatar Hi,
Normal human semen 'gels' following ejaculation.It may contain cell debris, gel-like 'particles' or mucus streaks.These are fairly normal. Stones in the semen are extremely unusual. It is possible that some 'liths' (stones) from the prostate may somehow find their way into the semen.This would be very unusual.These are not well known warning signs of any serious underlying disorder.Good luck!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us