Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: severe penis bend at base

billy7823 - Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 pm

Hello, I'm 26 and for as long as I can remember my penis has been straight along the shaft to the head when erect with a severe bend at the base. This bend makes the entire erect penis point straight up. I can pull the entire erect penis down but when it becomes lower than parallel with the floor it gets very tight at the base where it curves. Also, during intercourse I feel as though I could break my penis at the bend. Is this peyronie's disease? I can't feel any plaque anywhere. Please help.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:59 am

User avatar Hi billy7823,
Generally speaking, Peyronie's disease may produce symptoms such as pain with erection, distortion or curvature, plaque (hardened tissue typically found on the top, bottom, or both, of the penis). In my opinion if plaque is not present, it would be less likely associated with this condition. An evaluation by a Urologist would identify if there is reason for concern.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us