Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: interstitial cysitis

jill - Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:16 am

my Urologist surgeon thinks I have interstital cystitis wants to put me to sleep and fill my bladder to capacity and also see if there is hunner's ulcers and pinpoint something? He also said this might help me feel better. Do you know if that is true? This sounds painful and humiliating. Does this procedure serve a purose? I hear there is no cure. Is there any treatment? As for now i just use a lidoderm patch (prescribed for back pain)across my lower abdomen. Thank you for your time.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:01 am

User avatar Hi jill,
This procedure is not painful due to the anesthesia. The purpose will assist in identification of causative factors related to this condition. Here is a weblink that may help with explanation/expectations regarding this diagnostic as well as treatments, etc.
Click here!
I hope you find this somewhat helpful.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 jill - Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:08 pm

Thank you very much. Your post was Very helpful as always.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:47 am

User avatar Hi jill,
Thank you for the kind comment. Best wishes with the procedure. I hope the causative factor is revealed and your recovery is quick and uneventful.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN
 jill - Sun Mar 26, 2006 3:52 pm

Thanks for your well wishes. I was not lucky enough to find the cause of my bladder pain, however during the laproscopic surgery the other topic I think you answered me on was found.

It is not a hernia. More like a tear or a hole, unfortunately, I was not awake to hear first hand so i do not know a tear in what? (muscle, ligamint?) but he did a slight repair and took pictures and notes for me to take to a surgeon he refers me to who specializes in ??? type of surgery, to get it fixed the rest of the way. This will make the apointmanet much easier. Thanks for your earlier help

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us