Doctors Lounge - Urology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Urology Answers List

Forum Name: Urology Topics

Question: painless hematuria

clairebear9898 - Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:51 pm

I'm an 18 y/o female. Everyonce and awhile I pee blood, but it's painless and I would never know if I don't look in the toilet. It usually happens for about 2 days every month. I've been seeing a urologist but he doesn't know what's wrong with me. I've had all these tests done, including 2 ultrasounds, and they still can't find anything. Is there a chance that maybe I just pee blood for no reason??
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:50 am

User avatar Hi clairebear9898,
Aside from the ultrasounds, what other diagnostics have been done? Visible blood in the urine (gross hematuria) is always an abnormal finding. There are many causes of painless hematuria both benign and malignant in nature. If the ultrasounds have shown negative results follow up with other diagnostics, for example, IVP, CT Scan, Cystoscopy, etc. would be indicated.
Sincerely,
Theresa Jones, RN

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us